Although I’ve known sports affiliate Joe Sousa for some time and have talked to him, it wasn’t until hanging out at Affiliate Summit that I got to know him better.
Joe like a quiet guy, till you become aware of the fact that he’s an affiliate marketer focused on the sports niche and does very well for himself.
Since he’s been in the affiliate marketing industry for about 10 years, it was nostalgic and interesting to have him come on the show and talk about:
- How he got started in a SEO consultant role and got involved in affiliate marketing
- A compare of the pay-per-sale versus the pay-per-lead business models
- Why forced continuity affiliate programs will come under greater scrutiny in the future
- How to get started as an SEO/content based affiliate
- The in-your-face realities of being an affiliate marketer
- How much you can realistically earn starting out as an SEO-based affiliate
- Incorporating product datafeeds into your affiliate sites
- How to break out of the rut that experienced affiliates gradually fall into
- How to incorporate video into your marketing campaigns
Joe certainly went the distance in sharing his own experiences during the call.
Check it out below:
PS: If you haven’t yet, join the “Members Only” private podcast now, the next edition will be sent out on Saturday.